Showing affection for those we love doesn’t have to cost a mint. There are several different ways to let your sweetie know that they are special. In today’s world of constant advertising it is good to remember that being a consumer and running out to the shops is not the only way to let your partner know you care. Here are a few tips to hopefully inspire you to express your affection in other ways this Valentine’s Day.
- Do something thoughtful. It shows a deep level of understanding to be able to anticipate the other persons wants or needs. Therefore doing something small that makes their day just that little bit easier or more pleasant will be noticed.
- Plan a special date for them. This could be as simple as a spontaneous picnic at your local park, or a romantic bath. The idea is to demonstrate that you have been putting effort into doing something that is a custom fit to them.
- Get physical. Sometimes a quick hug or a kiss on the cheek when heading out for the day can be a great way to connect in an intimate way. Because even a little cuddle can remind us that someone cares for us before we venture out into the world.
- Say it with meaning. We sometimes start to take each other for granted especially if you have been together for a while. That simple reminder that they are someone very special to you can be a great way to show affection. It is even better if done eye to eye, over candlelight, or at a romantic setting but not required.
- Write it down. To send a quick note to your special person only takes a moment. It doesn’t need to be the long sappy love letters you see in the movies to be affectionate. A Post-it slipped into a bag or a sweet SMS can be a great reminder that you are loved.
Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. Mother Teresa